Sunday, October 14, 2012

Character Develop. Sketchbook Page

Finally done! This probably was the most fun I've ever had with an assignment ~ <3 I really love character concepts and story development. The digital painting came out too bright again... I swear those cintiqs mess with the color display...
This is my original character, Damon C., who is 21 in the timeframe I decided to draw from his life. He's a retrograde amnesiac, meaning he suffers from complete memory loss from birth to age 17, as well as recurring repressed memory surfacing in the form of nightmares. He copes with this by smoking (temporary), but mostly with high-risk activities, such as bike racing and dangerous adventuring in the wastelands around his home town, an arid desert surrounded a small oasis where the city is built around. His world is set alternatively from ours in the future, where monsters from the wastelands and wild around cities are beginning to find ways to kill the populations hidden behind the walls. 
And that's all the backstory you get until the graphic novel gets underway (currently #2 on the waiting list).
Character Concept Development (c) Michelle A. Martin / micalemer 2012
I've had Damon for a little over 3 years, since senior year of high school. He's a fairly new character still, but his backstory and plot have been developed to the point where he is one of my senior characters. I hope you like him as much as I do~!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment